Emergencies Happen. We’re Here for You.
Eye emergencies can happen to anyone, even the most cautious. It’s important to recognize and understand the risks of activities that may cause harm.
If you are experiencing an eye emergency, please call our office at (416) 259-3553, and we will do our best to schedule a same day appointment. If our office is closed, please proceed to the nearest emergency room.
Types of Eye Emergencies
Eye emergencies that require immediate attention include:
- Eye pain
- Sudden loss of vision
- Foreign object in your eye
- Sudden onset of flashes of light or floaters
- Swelling around the eye
- Corneal abrasion (a scratch on the surface of the eye)
- Significant discharge
- Persistent burning or itching
- Severe light sensitivity
- Significant contact lens discomfort
If you are experiencing symptoms that aren’t listed above, but you’re concerned, please give us a call. Even a seemingly minor problem could compromise your vision.